Majestic Heli Ski all-inclusive packages will provide you with the equipment you’ll need to enjoy untracked powder in the Alaska backcountry. We’ll outfit you with a harness, carabiner, avalanche transceiver, shovel, probe, and an avalanche airbag backpack, and provide you with the training to use it. If you have your own up-to-date avalanche rescue equipment and airbag backpack please bring those items (your avalanche safety gear must meet our approval and standards).
Included in all of our packages are K2 or Meier Skis. If your skis are 100 mm or greater under foot (rocker is also a plus) we encourage you to bring them. Telemark skiers and snowboarders must bring their own boots/skis/board. We strongly recommend carrying your ski or snowboard boots onto the plane; don’t risk losing them to the airlines.
Dress like you would for a day of skiing at your local hill. There can be big temperature swings throughout the day, so be prepared to shed a thin layer or add one. It is better to be a touch warm than shivering. The helicopter ride does allow a few minutes to warm up and defrost your goggles. Casual attire for the lodge.
- Waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or similar material)
- Hat and or helmet
- Puffy (insulated) jacket. Lightweight and packable
- Thermals/base layer(s). No cotton
- Fleece mid-layer
- Goggles (multiple light lenses), sunglasses
- Buff/neck gaiter/balaclava
- Water bottle, sunblock, lip balm
- Outdoor footwear
- Casual lodge attire
- Note that the bindings on our powder skis are not alpine touring boot/rocker sole compatible
- Note that Dynafit/tech/pin bindings may not work well for heli skiing because they often ice-up. We recommend alpine bindings/alpine boots
You are required to wear an avalanche transceiver, harness and carabiner, as well as an avalanche airbag backpack which will contain a shovel and probe. Backcountry Access is our partner for our avalanche rescue gear. Don’t plan on carrying the kitchen sink. You can ski better, and longer with a lighter pack.
Majestic Heli Ski operates a retail store if you would like to shop. Please note we do not have ski or snowboard boots for rent or sale, carry them on the plane with you!
And don’t forget your camera.