Guides and Staff
Majestic Heli Ski prides itself on outstanding customer service and ensuring that you have the trip of a lifetime. Our guides, pilots, chefs, wait staff, bartenders, housekeepers, ground crew, massage therapists, drivers and all of our staff look forward to welcoming you to our family and Alaska. Our staff to guest ratio is 1:1 so we can provide you with an exceptional experience. Your expectations and mind will be blown by our mountains, facilities and service team. The Majestic Heli Ski family looks forward to showing you how skiing and snowboarding is meant to be.
Njord Rota – Owner
Njord holds a unique position in the industry, being both a guide and a helicopter pilot. Njord started his career ski guiding in the Garmisch-Partenkirchen region of the northern Alps and then worked as a ski patroller. Soon after he became a helicopter pilot working for the US Army and then continued his career as an experimental test pilot for Lockheed Martin. He’s also been a professional whitewater kayaker, the publisher of Kayak Magazine, and a teacher for aspiring boaters and skiers. He spends his summers fighting wild land fires and teaches high altitude and mountain helicopter flying in Leadville, Colorado.
- AIARE (American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education) Level 1, 2, 3
- AIARE Level 1 & 2 Avalanche Instructor
- AMGA (American Mountain Guides Association) Ski Guide Course
- CSGA (Canadian Ski Guide Association) Glacier and Crevasse Rescue Course
- CAIC (Colorado Avalanche Information Center) Weather Course
- OEC (Outdoor Emergency Care)
- EMT (Emergency Medical Technician)
- National Ski Patrol – Alpine Patroller
- National Ski Patrol – Mountain Travel and Rescue Level 1&2
- National Ski Patrol – Avalanche Instructor
- FAA Commercial Helicopter Pilot
- American Avalanche Association – Professional Member
- US Heli Ski – Member
Tanner Haskins – Operations Manager, Lead Guide
Originally hailing from Vermont where he grew up on the slopes of Killington and earned a BS in Mechanical Engineering from UVM, Tanner now calls the jagged Sawtooth peaks of Stanley, Idaho home. Tanner travels a well-worn circuit beginning with rafting the River of No Return and Middle Fork of the Salmon in the summer, followed by backcountry touring guiding and teaching avalanche courses in the early winter, and ending with a spring-time pilgrimage to Alaska’s Chugach range.
At work Tanner’s passions include finding the best views and deepest pow as well as not answering the question “How long do you plan to do this for?”.
During his free time Tanner enjoys mountain biking, skate skiing, hiking, hunting, taking photographs, and road trips.
American Mountain Guide Association (AMGA) Alpine Skills Course
AMGA Ski Guides Course
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT -Basic)/CPR
AIARE Level 1 and 2 Avalanche Training
AAI Level 3 Avalanche Training
AIARE Level 1 and 2 Avalanche Course Instructor
- AIARE Avalanche Rescue Course Instructor
Jimmy Tart – Lead Guide, Snow Safety Director
Originally from Texas and calling Hailey, Idaho home after two decades in Park City, Utah, Jimmy brings a wealth of experience and energy to Majestic Heli Ski. He worked on the Park City Ski Patrol and snow safety department for sixteen seasons, he also trains avalanche professionals for Silverton Avalanche School, guides for Park City Powder Cats and has guided skiers in South America for Ski Arpa
Jimmy loves bikes, strong coffee and smooth chocolate. He’s looking forward to showing you the most amazing trip to Alaska you could imagine.
- AMGA Ski Guide Course
- AIARE (American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education) Level 1, 2
- AIARE Level 1, 2 Instructor
- American Avalanche Institute Level 1, 2
- American Avalanche Association Pro 2
Alan Davis – Guide
Alan is a native of Alaska and studied biology prior to his ski and mountain guiding career. He has travelled the world to far away places such as the Canadian Coast Range, the Cascades, Sierra, Wasatch, Tetons, Cordillera Blanca, the Alaska Range and Himalaya Mountains. Alan has been a Park Ranger for Denali and Mt. Rainer National Parks, as well as a backcountry snowmachine guide, avalanche educator and ski patroller in Park City, UT.
When he is not in the Chugach Mountains he lives in Washington guiding for Rainier Mountaineering Inc. in the Cascades, Alaska, Mexico, and South America. Alan’s passion for showing his guests good lines in wild places is endless.
- AAI (American Avalanche Institute) US Avalanche Pro 1
- AAI Level 2
- AAI Pro Rescue
- AIARE (American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education) Level 1 & 2
- AIARE Avy Rescue
- AIARE Level 1 & 2 Course Instructor
- AIARE Avy Rescue Course Instructor
- A3 (American Avalanche Association) Pro Member
- CSGA (Canadian Ski Guide Association) Level 1 Guide
- HSUS (Heli Ski US) Level 2 Guide
- AMGA (American Mountain Guide Association) Alpine Guide Course
- AMGA Alpine Skills Course
- AMGA Apprentice Alpine Guide
- NSP (National Ski Patrol)
- OEC (Outdoor Emergency Care Technician)
- EMT (Emergency Medical Technician)
Matt Doskocil – Guide
Matt was born and raised in New Hampshire where he learned to snowboard in the White and the Green Mountains of Vermont. He earned a four year degree from Northern Vermont University with a degree in tourism and hospitality. After college Matt came to Majestic Heli Ski as an intern and has done every dirty job. He has a passion for snowboarding, big mountains and ensuring all of Majestic Heli Ski guests feel welcome and at home.
Matt’s infectious smile and positive attitude will be sure to make your trip to Alaska even better.
- Canadian Avalanche Association Level 1 Professional Avalanche Operations
- AIARE (American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education) Level 1, Level 2
- PSIA Level 1 Snowboard Instructor
- Wilderness First Responder
- Outdoor Emergency Care
- Pretty Happy Guy Overall
- B.A. Degree from Northern Vermont University in Tourism and Hospitality
Kari Rowley – General Manager
Kari grew up in Virginia and moved to Colorado to learn to ski after earning a biology degree at Roanoke College – and never left! She has been in HR and Finance for over 15 years and with Majestic since it started in 2013, and now manages all of Majestic’s back of the house goings-on. When you call or email to book your trip, Kari will be on the other end to answer all of your questions and to get you signed up for the best trip of your life! When not in Alaska, she lives in Basalt, Colorado and has two children, Hayden and Macy.
- Black belt in Quickbooks Kung-Fu
- Human Resources Training
- Multi tasking like nobody’s business
- Delightful personality (but don’t mess with her)