Equipment: What We Supply and What You Should Bring
Majestic Heli Ski will provide you with the equipment you’ll need to safely enjoy untracked powder in the Alaska backcountry, at no additional cost to you. We’ll outfit and train you with the latest equipment for backcountry skiing. This includes an avalanche transceiver, shovel, probe, avalanche airbag backpack, radio, and a harness with a carabiner.
We include K2 Pontoons, DPS Lotus 124 and DPS Wailer 112 powder skis in our packages. We encourage you to bring your own skis if they are 100 mm or greater under foot (rocker is also a plus). We have limited Venture Snowboard Storm model snowboards available. Telemark skiers must bring their own skis. Boots are the one item that we can’t outfit for you, we suggest carrying your boots onto the plane.
As far as the lodge goes – dress casual and comfortable. As far as the mountains go – dress and pack like you would for any ski trip.
Suggested Packing List
- Waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex or similar material)
- Ski boots (Carry them)
- Hat and/or helmet
- Puffy (insulated) jacket. Lightweight and packable
- Thermals/base layers
- Fleece mid-layer
- Goggles, sunglasses
- Buff/neck gaiter/balaclava
- Water bottle, sunblock, lip balm
- Outdoor footwear
- Casual lodge attire
- The bindings on our powder skis are ISO 5355 (alpine norm/19 mm height) and ISO 9523 boot soles (alpine touring boots/walk to ride/grip walk/28 mm height). Some Dynafit boots/touring boots may not be compatible
- Dynafit/tech/pin bindings do not work well for heli skiing because they ice-up. We recommend alpine bindings/alpine boots
Other Info on Gear
You are required to wear our avalanche transceiver, harness and carabiner, as well as our avalanche airbag backpack, which contains a shovel, probe and radio. Backcountry Access is our partner for our avalanche rescue gear. There is room for a few basic items such as at water bottle and extra layer, but don’t carry more than you need. You can ski better and longer with a lighter pack
And don’t forget your camera!