Equipment: What We Supply and What You Should Bring
Majestic Heli Ski will provide you with the equipment you’ll need to safely enjoy untracked powder in the Alaska backcountry. We’ll provide and train you with the latest and best equipment; powder skis, avalanche transceiver, shovel, probe, avalanche airbag backpack, radio, and a harness with a carabiner. As far as the lodge – dress casual and comfortable. As far as the skiing – dress and pack like you would for any ski trip that includes amazing skiing, great food, stunning lodge and all the amenities.
Included in all of our packages are K2 Pontoons, DPS Lotus 124 and DPS Wailer 112 powder skis, adjustable poles and Marker bindings. If you have your own powder skis you are welcome to bring them. We have a limited number of Venture Snowboard Storm snowboards available, we encourage snowboarders to bring their own boards and boots. Boots are the one item that we can’t provide, we suggest carrying your boots onto the plane.
Suggested Packing List – For the Best Ski Trip of Your Life
- Jacket (Gore-Tex or similar material)
- 16 – 30 ounce sport water bottle – you will need to carry this in your ski pack
- Ski boots
- Hat and/or helmet
- Puffy (insulated) jacket. Lightweight and packable
- Thermals/base layers and fleece mid-layer
- Goggles, sunglasses
- Buff/neck gaiter/balaclava
- Sunblock, lip balm
- Outdoor footwear
- Casual lodge attire
- Swimsuit for hot tub
- Bindings on our skis are ISO 5355 (alpine norm/19 mm height) and ISO 9523 boot soles (alpine touring boots/walk to ride/grip walk/28 mm height). Some touring boots may not be compatible/may not work with our bindings!
- Dynafit/tech/pin bindings do not work well for heli skiing, we recommend alpine bindings/alpine boots for heli skiing in AK
Other Info on Gear
You are required to use our avalanche transceiver, harness and carabiner, as well as our avalanche airbag backpack, which contains a shovel, probe and radio. Backcountry Access is our partner for our avalanche rescue gear. There is room for a few basic items such as at water bottle and extra layer, but don’t carry more than you need. You can ski better and longer with a lighter pack
And don’t forget your camera!